Rural Chiloquin

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

chiloquinruss

Rural Chiloquin

Post by chiloquinruss »

Those of you familiar with Train Mountain may know that we have two faces to our park. One face is of course the hobby face called Train Mountain. The second face is our public face called the Klamath and Western. This is where we give the public rides on Saturday afternoons during the summer months and an occasional special event. We are often asked if we have any draw for the pubic being that we are so rural here in Chiloquin (pop 750). Well last weekend was our annual Pumpkin Express event where the public takes the train to the pumpkin patch, gets off the train, gathers thier pumpkins, and rides back up the hill. Well after hauling a couple of THOUSAND pumpkin lovers I can tell you we can draw a PUBLIC crowd in rural Chiloquin. Congratulations to all the volunteers who made it happen! Russ

Those that know how long a walk it is from our parking area to our train loading area will totally understand the gravity of the attached photo! The line STARTED at the parking lot!

VO4454

Re: Rural Chiloquin

Post by VO4454 »

Hello Russ, Sounds like good time, and great excuse to run trains. If I have my way the population may soon be 752.

Victor
For Duty and Humanity
chiloquinruss

Post by chiloquinruss »

Give us a holler when you are in town! Russ
James A

Post by James A »

VO4454 wrote:Hello Russ, Sounds like good time, and great excuse to run trains. If I have my way the population may soon be 752.

Victor
Sorry, you'll have to settle for 754. My wife and I just moved here a week ago :mrgreen:
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Well, we're not headed as far south as Chiloquin, but in two weeks we'll be living full time in Mt. Hood, Oregon.
That's half-way between our present (28 years) Seattle home, and Train Mt.
Gettin' closer...
~RN
chiloquinruss

Post by chiloquinruss »

Mt. Hood That's quite all right, we can tolerate some of y'all yankees! :lol: Just a hair over 245 miles, howdy neighbor! Russ
NP317

Russ

Post by NP317 »

chiloquinruss wrote:Mt. Hood That's quite all right, we can tolerate some of y'all yankees! :lol: Just a hair over 245 miles, howdy neighbor! Russ
Thanks, Chiloquin Russ.
We've met several times at Train Mt. over the past many years. My son Jack and I have enjoyed your excellent hospitality at pizza dinners.
Looking forward to more Train Mt. Adventures!
~Russ (another one)
chiloquinruss

Post by chiloquinruss »

If any of you are in town Dec 12-13, 19-20 we are having our Holiday Express event and sure could use some of your great volunteer help. Remember to bring the kids or grand-kids, it's really a ton of fun, especially if it's snowing! :mrgreen: Russ