Florida Winter meets

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

FLSTEAM

Florida Winter meets

Post by FLSTEAM »

Has the calendar been set for the winter meets?

JB
Oilcan

Re: Florida Winter meets

Post by Oilcan »

This is what I have...

BB&W Feb 1-13
NEFLS Feb 4-7
Largo Feb 12-14
Manatee Feb 17-24
Ridge Feb 23-29
CP&G Feb 28- Mar 6

If there is any difference, I hope someone will let me know so I can adjust my calendar accordingly.

Neil
Editor Emeritus - Live Steam & Outdoor Railroading
Allen Mogul under construction
Electric RS3
Stationary Steam
chooch

Post by chooch »

FLSTEAM--JB,
Is the "Irony" of your question the proper word. Here you are in Florida asking about the Winter Meets dates but, someone in Northern Michigan has to give you the date info.

I just checked the FLS site and can`t believe what comes First. Not what (I) would consider more important info. A person would have to (think) scroll way down the page and Then, click on calendar of events, to see the Winter meet schedule. Well. If that isn`t pretty, not Dumb, I say downright STUPID!!

JB, understand, my thoughts are about the FLS site and as a member, right after this I shall make my thoughts known to the President. Is this the best we (Florida) can do!
chooch
FLSTEAM

Post by FLSTEAM »

Actually I went to the FLS site but didn't scroll down the page far enough to see "Schedule"
My Bad.....

JB
chooch

Post by chooch »

FLSTEAM,
I Say, No Way, is it your bad. I think http://floridalivesteamers.com/ has a Discraceful website.

Why should anyone have to either look at all the RRs listed first or scroll way down to see what subject listed is of the best to them for info. In my opinion, the FLS site is a Shame to even be listed.
Maybe others will check the link. Agree or not, I speak My mind as a member and let the FLS President know it!!

chooch
FLSTEAM wrote:Actually I went to the FLS site but didn't scroll down the page far enough to see "Schedule"
My Bad.....

JB
chooch

Post by chooch »

FLSTEAM wrote:Actually I went to the FLS site but didn't scroll down the page far enough to see "Schedule"
My Bad.....

JB
FLSTEAM,
Well JB, I got this Reply and an Update about the (FLS) Florida Live Steamers website. 11-19-15
chooch
-----------
Sorry you had trouble finding the calendar. I have asked Bob Moutray to see if the link can be moved above the track listings. What you are seeing now is the aftermath of a major cleanup of the web page and a few things are yet to be done. The application form, for instance, still says 2014. Bob has recently taken over the site maintenance and has put quite some time into it. We don't get much feedback and yours is helpful.

George Johnson President Florida Live Steamers
Fender

Post by Fender »

I believe Sebring Systems also has a meet March 10-13.
Dan Watson
Chattanooga, TN
chooch

Post by chooch »

Here is a link to the Florida Live Steamers that should show you the whole Shabang at one time. Fall AND Winter meets.

http://matson.us/fls/calendar.html

chooch
Fender wrote:I believe Sebring Systems also has a meet March 10-13.
schwinncoll

Post by schwinncoll »

This is what I found. If anyone is interested in coming out to Tradewinds & Atlantic, please contact me at mike@livesteamers.org I can give you the address to the back gate instead of the hassle of coming through the front. We might be small but we know how to have fun at the track. 20-21 are our public run days. So you can run or haul passengers its upto you. Bruce comes over from Ft Myers usually on Saturday.

Mike

2016 Winter Meet Schedule
Big Boots & Western February 1-13

North East Florida Live Steamers February 4-7

Largo Central RR February 12-17

Manatee Central RR February 17-24

Tradewinds & Atlantic RR February 20-21

Ridge Live Steamers February 25-28
FLS Annual Meeting at Ridge Saturday February 27

Central Pasco & Gulf February 28 - March 6

Sebring System Railroad March 10-13