Looking for Steve Tune / Tune Trains

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

amadlinger

Looking for Steve Tune / Tune Trains

Post by amadlinger »

Hi all,

Has anyone heard from Steve Tune of Tune Trains recently? He's usually very responsive, but I have been trying to get in touch with him via phone & email for a while now and haven't heard from him.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Adam
amadlinger

Re: Looking for Steve Tune / Tune Trains

Post by amadlinger »

Hi all,

I just heard from Steve this morning.

Sincerely,
Adam
jmurray

Post by jmurray »

Hello!
Steve Tune has not responded to at least a couple of us again, and it may have to do with health issue or worse. We would like to know it there is anyone close to Steve that can provide any additional information as we both have locomotive orders pending with him, and have not heard from him since 12-9-15 stating he would contact us.(That never transpired).
Please PM me if you either know of Steve's whereabouts, another contact method(cell phone vmail is full), or have any order(s) pending with him so we can work together to help with taking next steps. Thank you!
C&O EMD F7A 24vdc Locomotive(Museum Trains)
Chessie diesel switcher(5hp Free lance design) 0-4-0
Pine Grove Vineyards Davenport (Ride-Trains)Switcher 0-4-0
Wolf Run and Tambine Clishay 0-4-4-0(Bob Maynard design)
Mack Loco
http://www.neols.net (NorthEastern Ohio Live Steamers)
hondavt@windstream.net
DRS_RR

Post by DRS_RR »

saw on facebook some post with a new email address: steveyune@yahoo.com
amadlinger

Post by amadlinger »

Hi all,

As jmurray mentioned in his last post, Steve has not responded other than a very brief email on December 9th, immediately following my original post, in which he stated that he would "call this week" [Dec 9th]...which he did not.

Since December 9th: I have emailed him 3 times at the email address listed on his website and 1 time to the new email provided by DRS_RR in the post above; I have called him 6 times at the number listed on his website (leaving a voicemail each time asking him to call me as soon as possible); and I sent him a message through Facebook today, in response to the several ads he put up on the Backyard Railroading page on January 14th, 2016.

However, despite all of these attempts, I have not heard back from him via any form of communication. I understand that jmurray has made a similar number of attempts to contact him, with no success either.

If anyone has any further information regarding Steve's status, please let us know. I have placed a significant down payment on an F3 locomotive with Steve/Tune Trains, and would very much like to speak with him to find out the status of the project.

Sincerely,
Adam Madlinger
hwboivin3

Post by hwboivin3 »

Hopefully you guys get this problem solved.

Unacceptable! No one is too busy to respond to customers.
jmurray

Tune Trains- Update

Post by jmurray »

Steve Tune has finally responded to me and other customers. I appreciate those that have assisted me in our investigation. I won't get into details right now on why Steve did not respond promptly, but to be fair to Steve, his customers' and future business inquiries, I intend to provide a full review of the sales experience, the locomotive, and its performance. Steve committed in shipping the locomotive in a couple weeks, and has not backed down from his commitments on our orginal deal at this point.

Stay "Tuned" :)
C&O EMD F7A 24vdc Locomotive(Museum Trains)
Chessie diesel switcher(5hp Free lance design) 0-4-0
Pine Grove Vineyards Davenport (Ride-Trains)Switcher 0-4-0
Wolf Run and Tambine Clishay 0-4-4-0(Bob Maynard design)
Mack Loco
http://www.neols.net (NorthEastern Ohio Live Steamers)
hondavt@windstream.net
amadlinger

Post by amadlinger »

Hi all,

I, too, had a good phone conversation with Steve last night and it would appear that everything is back on track. I will report back as things progress, but am very optimistic after speaking with him.

Sincerely,
Adam