Turn Table Locking Mechanism

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

FLSTEAM

Re: Turn Table Locking Mechanism

Post by FLSTEAM »

That looks like a much heavier duty latch. Thanks.

JB
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I use the sliding plate from the bridge to engage the perimeter rails. A small handle on a bell cranks, slips out the plate between the rails for secure location.

My bridge short, made of an 8 inch heavy channel, that makes for a 7.5 inch space tween the flanges. It uses a 4 bollt flange bearing for center, and teh ring rollers, are cast iron dolly wheels from Horror Fright, remounted in square tube. No longer set up because of county authority problems.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

In this shot in my video of the Billy Jones Wildcat Railroad, you can see that there is a remote throw that goes under the table and engages a plate from the table to the lead track. https://youtu.be/5UOavrsdEn8?t=4m18s Sorry I don't have a better angle of it.

This would be a fun thing to puzzle out, and more realistic in operation.
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
FLSTEAM

Post by FLSTEAM »

Mike

I thought about doing something like that but I have decided to use the barrel bolt. I found a pair at Lowes. They had a much better price than Tractor Supply and ACE Hardware.

Maybe as soon as tomorrow I will have the table done. I want to try out the loading table and transfer track to the turn table with the Shay.

BTW thanks for the video. I rode that railroad on the "Grand Scales Tour" back in 2000. Nice RR.

John B>