What kind of batteries?

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

cp4449

Re: What kind of batteries?

Post by cp4449 »

Thanks for the information. For the questions:
1 inch loco, but it cannot hold a battery due to style. It is a PE early motor. The batteries are in the riding car I am planning for. I might have to put some weight in the loco for traction. I guess I will stick to sealed batteries, just trying to keep the weight down
Christopher P. Mahony
Los Angeles Live Steamers
1 inch scale member
chooch

Post by chooch »

Just for interest, I have been, and still use HONDA auto batteries for a long time. I haven`t run for Many hours, all day or long times or hauled big loads But, have had pretty good luck running for a Reasonable day use and some re-charging during the night.
The batteries are the smallest `Auto` --narrow--that I know will fit in my 1-1/2" scale GE-44 tonner hoods.
Have been using the same ones for a few years, re-charging them But, admit Not a lot at one time running.
chooch
Gary Armitstead

Post by Gary Armitstead »

cp4449 wrote:Thanks for the information. For the questions:
1 inch loco, but it cannot hold a battery due to style. It is a PE early motor. The batteries are in the riding car I am planning for. I might have to put some weight in the loco for traction. I guess I will stick to sealed batteries, just trying to keep the weight down
Talk to John Smith at the club. He's on the Board now. He gave us a lot of help on our "Seven Baldwin Electric Project". He also installed 12 volt electronics in my caboose. He put a very nice heavy-duty battery into the cupola area. Like I said before, if you want to see the install, I'm in the Burbank area. Just sayin'. :)
Gary Armitstead
Burbank, CA
Member LALS since 1980
Member Goleta Valley Railroad Club 1980-1993