1" scale construction equipment

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

backyardrails

1" scale construction equipment

Post by backyardrails »

Some of you might know. Where could I get 1" scale construction equipment like a grader, bulldozer, backhoe, etc. I have 3 centre depressed flat cars that I would like to put stuff on.
Thanks
Bernie Grow
chooch

Re: 1" scale construction equipment

Post by chooch »

I love construction toys and have several different models. I will be using them on 01-1/2 " scale right size or not.
First, look for "construction toys" on the internet. Bruder is a good product and many Caterpillar toys can be found. A few I have are also battery powered for action simulation. A "nice" road crane truck 6x24", an Excavator "(dare I say a modern steam shovel) 7 x 21, a road roller, Tonka dumps 8 x 16" and more. Some have sound and lights.
I shop Target--Wal-Mart-Toys r us and other stores for toys. Sometime yard sales.
You can also find smaller models like Bob-cats, small log haulers etc. Don`t forget, pick up trucks too.
Best advice, shop-shop-shop. Even John Deere has some nice toys as well as some off bands.
I would think some of the sizes mentioned would fit Your 1" scale pretty good.
Happy hunting.
chooch
redneckalbertan

Post by redneckalbertan »

I don't know if you are wanting to ad hear strictly to 1" scale (1:12), Ertl has a 1:16 line of tractors that they sell, I believe they have some skidders and construction equipment as well (There is a gentleman at our club who pulls a half size tractor on his 1 1/2" train... But the kids don't notice or care just Smart Alec's like me). A Google search turned up some old 1:12 tractors on Amazon and eBay, it looks like it may have been a popular scale for toys.

I also found this: http://store.rc4wd.com/112-Scale-Earth- ... _1587.html

A little pricy, but looks like it would be fun to play with on it's own!
backyardrails

Post by backyardrails »

Ok! Thanks for the info guys. I'll check it out later.
Bernie
mattmason

Post by mattmason »

I have found it VERY hard to find 1" scale vehicles. Details and people are easy with the dollhouse stuff, but vehicles are tough.
Matt Mason
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

mattmason wrote:I have found it VERY hard to find 1" scale vehicles. Details and people are easy with the dollhouse stuff, but vehicles are tough.
You mean they don't have construction equipment for the dollhouse crowd?

Steve