Semi Trailer Tires

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

chooch

Re: Semi Trailer Tires

Post by chooch »

Thank you for your reply and an update on your scale tires/rims. Wish you good luck.
chooch
fly5150 wrote:I have drawn up a 100% exact scale 22.5" alcoa rim and a rough representation of the tire. I am quoting it out in a variety of production options as it looks like a large quantity is needed. I also found a company that makes perfect machined aluminum wheels and rubber tires, but very expensive. I hope to have a scale offering soon.
chooch

Post by chooch »

fly5150.
With all due respect and success re: your Exact scale wheels, I`m just an home builder that goes by the Three Foot rule. David Geherke makes nice looking wheels also. BUT--all I`m asking is about is--what size--diameter-- the wheels might be for a Semi truck trailer.
Six inch Lawnmower wheels like Steamin 10 says-6 inch kids bike Training wheel, 2 for about 10 bucks. Maybe a little smaller from a toy Radio Flyer wagon/tricycle?
Thank you anyone.
chooch
fly5150 wrote:I have drawn up a 100% exact scale 22.5" alcoa rim and a rough representation of the tire. I am quoting it out in a variety of production options as it looks like a large quantity is needed. I also found a company that makes perfect machined aluminum wheels and rubber tires, but very expensive. I hope to have a scale offering soon.
redneckalbertan

Post by redneckalbertan »

A common Trailer tires is: 295/75R 22.5

It would stand roughly 40" tall. Or 5" in 1.5" scale.
chooch

Post by chooch »

Thank "YOU" for a simple answer to a simple question. That`s what I thought I had seen mentioned (not here)somewhere before but simply asked to double check.
chooch
redneckalbertan wrote:A common Trailer tires is: 295/75R 22.5

It would stand roughly 40" tall. Or 5" in 1.5" scale.