For those that have been following my builds

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

little giant

Re: For those that have been following my builds

Post by little giant »

Carl B and Chris I see your point on the public riders, I was just curious how many coaches and people you could pull. I too would like to build many hoppers and gondolas for show and model what my railroad hauled in the day.
cbrew

Re: For those that have been following my builds

Post by cbrew »

little giant wrote:Carl B and Chris I see your point on the public riders, I was just curious how many coaches and people you could pull. I too would like to build many hoppers and gondolas for show and model what my railroad hauled in the day.
it depends, i have not done so with the ten wheeler, I can say my Allen American (which is 100 lbs lighter) was able to handle 21 Plus cars at my home track with grades up to 1.5 to 2%
once i have a few more hours on the ten wheeler chassis, I will see what she can handle. but i should be able to handle 12 to 15 car train with a few riders
I am setting up my trailer to haul 8 cars plus the loco and tender. so that will most likely be the limit i will build too. no since in building more then i can get the to railroad
and i figured 8 cars will be a nice train to show off at Train Mountain during the ops meet

If it is not live steam. its not worth it.