Wisconsin Dells Amusement Park Train

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

steamtrainguy

Wisconsin Dells Amusement Park Train

Post by steamtrainguy »

I'm trying to get some information and pictures of a train I rode back in the early 1970's at a small amusement park in Wisconsin Dells!There was a F-7 a&b unit with the engineer's seat in the b-unit.I believe it was 15 or 16" gauge track.Along with the locomotives were 3 or possibly 4 cars.The whole train was painted blue.I don't remember the name of the amusement park.I was 9 years old when I rode it only one time,in the summer of 1975.My family never took any pictures of me riding the train.I grew up in the southern Wisconsin,but now live in Washington state.I believe that train ride got me started on a life long interest in miniature trains that you can ride on .I currently enjoy the livesteam hobby.I hope someone in that neck of the woods remembers that train!
Erskine Tramway

Re: Wisconsin Dells Amusement Park Train

Post by Erskine Tramway »

Storybook Gardens had a little train, it was probably a G-16. The park was in a low spot on highway 12-16 between The Dells and Lake Delton. I never actually rode it, I was always running the 'Little Steam Train", aka Riverside & Great Northern Ry., while they were open. The park has been closed for several years. I don't know where the train went. There is a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/StorybookGardens with at least one picture of the train.

Mike Decker
Former Locomotive Engineer and Designer, Sandley Light Railway Equipment Works, Inc. and Riverside & Great Northern Railway 1962-77
BN RR Locomotive Engineer 1977-2014, Retired