GP-38 and SD-40 Drawings

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

Jerry_H

Re: GP-38 and SD-40 Drawings

Post by Jerry_H »

The things libraries throw out or sell for 25 cents!!!
www.chaski.com
davidqueener

Re: GP-38 and SD-40 Drawings

Post by davidqueener »

Gentlemen,

Thanks to the generosity of the Southern Railway Historical Association and its head archivist who gave me access to the SRHA's collection of 1000s of EMD diesel locomotive drawings on aperture cards (a form of microfilm reproduction), I now have general arrangement and some part drawings for the HT-C truck used on the SD40-2 and some other Dash 2 six axle locomotives. So far I have these general arrangement drawings:

EMD 9539852: HT-C truck equipped with Timken tapered roller bearing
EMD 8464905: HT-C truck equipped with EMD / Hyatt roller bearings

There are many, many more EMD drawings to view and catalog (as well as GE and possibly Fairbanks-Morse as well), but I am simply amazed at what all I have found. It is indeed a treasure trove for the hobbyist and model maker! The best part about it is that the SRHA wants to encourage model-making as well as historic preservation. If you are working on a locomotive or want to try your hand at recreating one of these trucks in 3D CAD, please contact me offline.

Cheers!

Dave Queener
Knoxville, Tennessee
Pastor, St. Paul Presbyterian Church
www.StPaulPres.com (865) 209-5654

Owner, Cumberland Model Engineering
www.CumberlandModelEngineering.com (865) 947-7935