HT-C Truck Drawings

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

davidqueener

HT-C Truck Drawings

Post by davidqueener »

Gentlemen,

Over the last several months I accumulated a number of EMD part and assembly drawings for the HT-C truck (used on SD40-2, SD50 and SD60 locos among others). I have several Truck Sub-Assembly drawings and part drawings for the solid cast steel bolster, axle, pedestal liners, Hyatt journal box assembly, and the truck frame assembly. I've already turned some of this into highly detailed SolidWorks 3D CAD models.

What I lack are well-dimensioned EMD part drawings for the truck frame and the type G-G journal box used with Timken roller bearings. These are EMD part numbers:

EMD 8428730 Truck Frame

EMD 9539650/1 Brg. Adapt. Asm or possibly EMD 9580194 showing the G-G journal box

I've tried contacting Progress Rail's Electro Motive Diesel as well as two other sources whom I know defintely have these drawings, but to no avail.

Can anyone help me find copies of these drawings?

Thanks,

Dave Queener
Pastor, St. Paul Presbyterian Church
www.StPaulPres.com (865) 209-5654

Owner, Cumberland Model Engineering
www.CumberlandModelEngineering.com (865) 947-7935
davidqueener

Re: HT-C Truck Drawings

Post by davidqueener »

Follow-up:

I have now found EMD 8428730 Truck Frame and several bolster drawings for the HT-C truck. I still lack drawings for the G-G journal box or how to adapt the standard Hyatt box to use Timken roller bearings.

My thanks goes to several of you who have been very helpful scouting out EMD drawings from your private collections.

Dave Queener

davidqueener

Post by davidqueener »

Gentlemen,

Drawings for an EMD cast steel GG journal box were shared with me recently, but I am still trying to find a drawing for the Hyatt journal box housing. The specific drawing I am after is:

EMD 7493059
or
Hyatt 4-R 764-1

This is the cast box that makes up the core of the Hyatt 6.5x12 journal box assembly. Unfortunately, from my correspondence with both Progress Rail / EMD and General Bearing (who bought the Hyatt journal box line, now discontinued), neither had copies of this drawing.

Would any of you?

Thanks!

Dave Queener

WJH

Post by WJH »

Lacking drawings, I'd go to a museum with tape measure and camera in hand
davidqueener

Post by davidqueener »

Third option: Bring one home!

Well, I borrowed a Hyatt box converted into a GG box from my friends at KLW. And I am measuring it up with calipers in my office.

Cheers,

Dave Queener