Handrail Stanchions?

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

senorgilamonster

Re: Handrail Stanchions?

Post by senorgilamonster »

If I recall, you are north of me an hour...I could loan you my 7x12 lathe if you would like. I'm not using it for anything.
chiloquinruss

Post by chiloquinruss »

A plasma cutter can only do vertical cuts. It cannot do under cuts or any sort of rounding.
You'll love the cutter, they make one dynamite machine. I've attended some training at their plant. Nice folks.
What amp machine and table size are you getting? Russ
rkcarguy

Post by rkcarguy »

We bought the big one, the ArcMax Pro 6x12 with a Hypertherm 105. Turns out there is several variances of them locally, I went and watched two of them run and it's pretty slick. I'm thinking I'll cut the outer shape of the stanchions from aluminum plate and then carefully drill the hole in the center with a step bit by hand and do a little shaping with the file. Then tap a couple of blind #4-40 holes in the edges to mount them to the body and I'm set.
Probably have to talk to my boss and come up with some kind of deal for all the stuff I want to run on it lol :D