Has anyone tried this?

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

jscarmozza

Re: Has anyone tried this?

Post by jscarmozza »

I gave up on it already, after buying the materials and making the necessary castings I decided to just put down a third rail on my backyard track. I have too many projects going to start something else, making this contraption was going to be as involved as making the frame, wheels and axles for a small engine...and I really wasn't sure my design would work. Thanks to all who responded with ideas and information. John
James Powell

Re: Has anyone tried this?

Post by James Powell »

Just to give some ideas- there are 2.5" tracks at Aldergrove Image , Winnipeg & Toronto (Milton, TLS) that I know of in Canada. There may be more, but those three exist up here in the frozen north. Dad has run at TLS, he had a 2-8-4 in 2.5" that was a regular runner in the 2004-6 timeframe before being sold on. I know where there had been a back and forth in Toronto proper (at Eric Clark's house), and images are out there- possibly on the TSME web site, but that track is long gone. I am sure there are other 2.5" tracks in Canada, let alone in the US.

(sorry the image is so small, it's old by computer standards...they were hauling 2 people around that day, I was too. Except I was using a Pacific in 3.5" gauge... I know that is pre 2000)

James