Pennsy X29 Boxcar Drawings

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

davidqueener

Pennsy X29 Boxcar Drawings

Post by davidqueener »

Gentlemen,

I am begining CAD work on yet another project: the PRR X29 boxcar. My intention is to draw the car, with 2D-F8 cast steel truck, Creco doors, and plate steel ends, in SolidWorks and then produce a few laser cut styrene kits in 1/20th scale. I am now looking for prototype drawings and other research material. I have a list of X29 part drawings that are at the State Archives in Harrisburg, PA; but If anyone has prototype drawings to share, please let me know.

I am also looking for an article published in Volume 24 of the Railway Prototype Cyclopedia entitled "Pennsylvania Railroad X29 Box & X28 Automobile Cars" by Patrick Wider. I have tried to locate this book on both the used market and through Interlibrary Loan, but so far I have been unsuccessful. Can anyone help me with a copy of this article or a secondhand copy of the book?

Thanks again for you all help!

Dave Queener
Pastor, St. Paul Presbyterian Church
www.StPaulPres.com (865) 209-5654

Owner, Cumberland Model Engineering
www.CumberlandModelEngineering.com (865) 947-7935
makinsmoke

Re: Pennsy X29 Boxcar Drawings

Post by makinsmoke »

There are these PRR folios on the net:

http://prr.railfan.net/diagrams/PRRdiag ... &sz=sm&fr=
davidqueener

Re: Pennsy X29 Boxcar Drawings

Post by davidqueener »

My thanks again to those of you who PMed me offline. I now have all the X29 drawings that I suspect I will need.

Cheers,

Dave Q
Pastor, St. Paul Presbyterian Church
www.StPaulPres.com (865) 209-5654

Owner, Cumberland Model Engineering
www.CumberlandModelEngineering.com (865) 947-7935