New signs from Odd Duck Foundry

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

OddDuck

New signs from Odd Duck Foundry

Post by OddDuck »

New from ODF! At the risk of incurring the wrath of their lawyers, I am tentatively calling these "Hershey Bar" signs. This is because they are going to be cast in "bars" that the end user can cut apart as needed, as you can see in the first pic. They are roughly right 1/8th scale. Along with what you see, I am also going to be making a variation for the diamond and oval sign, replacing the "W" with an "X", this should cover the majority of railroads, methinks.
All of them are going to be post mount on the back, all that will be needed is a hole drilled for the size of rod you will be using. I'm about halfway through the pattern process, need to clean these castings up to make the permanent matchplates with. Price to be determined at a later date, probably between $10 and $15 per bar.
Attachments
IMAG0488_1.jpg
IMAG0489_1.jpg
IMAG0490_1.jpg
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
OddDuck

Re: New signs from Odd Duck Foundry

Post by OddDuck »

Finally got the patterns done, did the first castings yesterday. They came out pretty good, I think. Sometime in the near future I will be casting a pile of these, and I have ideas for future signs I will try to do over the winter. The price will be $12.50 per bar, as-cast.
Attachments
IMG_20181112_151932169~2.jpg
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
Benjamin Maggi

Re: New signs from Odd Duck Foundry

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

Those look pretty neat, especially the "Pennsy" style ones.
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"