lil Gasser question

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

JB800

lil Gasser question

Post by JB800 »

Hi All,

New member here. Last year I bought an older Cannonball lil gasser locomotive with the 3hp Briggs and Stratton engine. I knew the carb needed work when I bought it, and just last week I put a replacement carb on.

Unfortunately, I did not photograph the throttle linkage setup when I took it apart, and now putting it back together I am not remembering how it all went. Rookie mistake. Is there anybody on this forum who might have this loco and has a photo of the linkage they can send me? Once I see it I should be able to get it all back together no problem.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
John
Bruce_Mowbray

Re: lil Gasser question

Post by Bruce_Mowbray »

B&S has many throttle setups. Seems like they changed them every year. Have a look on the Bing images collection until you find the one that resembles yours
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=br ... ORM=IQFRBA
Bruce Mowbray
Springville & Southern RR
TMB Manufacturing & Locomotive Works
Racer32

Post by Racer32 »

I still have the engine from my little gasser that I converted to electric. PM your email and I can send you some pics
schwinncoll

Post by schwinncoll »

Racer32, could you email some pics of the electric conversion to me? Might have access to a Lil Gasser thats been around for years and electric conversion might be the way to go with this lil guy. mike@livesteamers.org
Racer32

Post by Racer32 »

I just saw your post. I haven’t been on here as much lately. I’ll get some pictures when I get home Sunday