A quick riding car

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

OddDuck

A quick riding car

Post by OddDuck »

Did a little casting for myself for a change, my birthday party is this weekend and I need a riding car for passenger service. I'm laying down a temporary track to run my switcher on. So, I got into my pattern stash and pulled out my Bettendorf truck set. I've made these for other people, but haven't had a chance to make a set for myself. I'll be machining them over the next few days, and putting them under a simple flat car that I also need to make.
Attachments
IMG_20180911_141556836.jpg
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
Erskine Tramway

Re: A quick riding car

Post by Erskine Tramway »

Good looking castings.

Mike
Former Locomotive Engineer and Designer, Sandley Light Railway Equipment Works, Inc. and Riverside & Great Northern Railway 1962-77
BN RR Locomotive Engineer 1977-2014, Retired
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Are those wheels aluminum Cast by you?
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Nope, bronze. Red brass, really, I think, I had someone give me a bucket of plumbing fittings a while back and I put them to use. Should hold up fairly well, I think, and I didn't feel up to doing cast iron that day. Should be a little easier to finish as well. My cast wheels tend to be on the hard side, still figuring out cast iron.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus