8hp vs 16 hp

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

rkcarguy

Re: 8hp vs 16 hp

Post by rkcarguy »

If you happen to have a "Parker Store" in your area they are worth visiting. They can crimp together custom hoses, and typically have a lot of fittings and adapters on hand. If you know exactly what you need, "Surplus Center" has tons of hydraulic stuff (online) and good prices.
Erskine Tramway

Re: 8hp vs 16 hp

Post by Erskine Tramway »

BigDumbDinosaur wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:09 pm
We always called them switches, as in 'Number 1 Track switch', or 'power witches, never turnouts, anyway.
I've met one or two witches over the years, but was not sure if they were manually operated or had power assist. :D

Well, you've got me there, BDD :lol: :lol: I never learned to type, and on the computer, I type with one or two fingers, so sometimes I miss a letter, or get them out of order. The spell check didn't get that one :roll: I've been in the cab with a couple witches, but I meant to say 'Switches' :oops:

Backing away quietly..

Mike
Former Locomotive Engineer and Designer, Sandley Light Railway Equipment Works, Inc. and Riverside & Great Northern Railway 1962-77
BN RR Locomotive Engineer 1977-2014, Retired