Dale Taylors Passing, Box Cab Truck Parts?

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

rkcarguy

Dale Taylors Passing, Box Cab Truck Parts?

Post by rkcarguy »

I'd been working with Dale Taylor for a few months via phone and email, and had quoted laser cutting multiple sets of truck side and end frames with equalizer bars, and steel wheel blanks for 6 locomotives worth of parts. Dale sent payment on the 14th and we cut the parts on Friday.

Sadly, I came into work this morning to find Dale's wife had left a message on Saturday 5/18, that he had suffered a heart attack and did not survive.

I spoke with Dales wife and she says these were for some free lance box cab projects. Dale had mentioned to me that they were for some sort of fund raiser or raffle for Train Mountain? They are 2-axle truck frames and have 13" axle centerlines and equalizer bars for both sides of each truck side.

I'd appreciate it if anyone knows what these were for, and if we could find a new home (homes) for the parts and refund the proceeds to his Wife I think she'd appreciate it.
rkcarguy

Re: Dale Taylors Passing, Box Cab Truck Parts?

Post by rkcarguy »

Pictures:

The side and end frames are 3/4" plate-Bearing pockets measure 1.756" wide.
Wheels are 5-1/2" diameter 1" plate.
The equalizer bars are 1/4" plate.

Dalesparts1.jpg
Dalesparts2.jpg
Dalesparts3.jpg