TurboStart Italy

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

ChipsAhoy

TurboStart Italy

Post by ChipsAhoy »

Does anyone know anything about these Torque Converters? (I only assume that's what they are). I have access to several of these and the owner said that he believes that they are off some gasoline powered locos made in the 70s. I would like to see if I can find any manuals, or at least specifications on them. Hoping to use them converting some battery operated work carts to gasoline engines. On one side it says "New Turbo Start Italy" on the other is says Type 155.
IMG_0032.jpg
Scotty
ALCOSTEAM

Re: TurboStart Italy

Post by ALCOSTEAM »

These are actually a fluid coupling or a hydrodynamic coupling. Silly expensive to buy new.

https://www.newturbostart.com/en/produc ... couplings/
ChipsAhoy

Post by ChipsAhoy »

Harruummph. I typed that in probably a dozen times.. all caps...with spaces...wtrhout spaces...forwards.....backwards...nocaps...etc... and this site never showed up.
Now that I get there...... it's all in Italian.
Thanks.
Scotty
tornitore45

Post by tornitore45 »

Funny, I clicked on the link from ALCOSTEAM and is in english, but I can read Italian.
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX
ChipsAhoy

Post by ChipsAhoy »

That page, the intro, is in English. On "down load the catalogue", which has the data and specs, is in Italian. I just found a way to get it in English, It is cumbersome, but I'm there.
Thx