3/4" F project, Working on the trucks....

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

steamin10

Re: 3/4" F project, Working on the trucks....

Post by steamin10 »

Might I suggest a stab at a prototype built with Plexi or similar? Should be easy to work toward your gearcse design, and even learn a few things. Just cut and glue, PRESTO! (Ok, its never THAT easy, but a trial run would be good at any point.)

I bid you peace.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
Rwilliams

Re: 3/4" F project, Working on the trucks....

Post by Rwilliams »

Interesting thought on a plastic gear case . I have a spindle sander in the shop that has a plastic gear housing. The bottom cover cracked during shipment so I made a new one out of Plexiglas in the scrap box and it has been there for at least ten years with no trouble at all.