Trolly Article

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

sslry

Trolly Article

Post by sslry »

Years back there was an article, perhaps in Modeltec, on a battery powered trolly that carried two persons. The name on the trolly was Banana Belt or something similar with the word Banana in it. I believe it was in Florida. Does anyone know of this article and can you direct me to more information on it?

Thanks,
Jim Hoback
Jim Hoback
Sonora Short Line Ry
Sonora, California

The severity of a nose itch is always in direct relationship to the amount of grease on your hands.
steamin10

Re: Trolly Article

Post by steamin10 »

Banana Junction. The main hauler was a two cylinder steam engine that was upfront of a vertical boiler, Thom thumb styled 4 wheeler, that pulled a riding tender for the engineer, and two- four wheeled riding cars. They were painted yellow and white, and had oversized striped cloth toppers for the cars.

In subsequent articles they mentioned a trolley that was a two place by a famous builder, but that did not hold my interest, so I dont know (remember) much about that. I have scanned through my limited collection of Model Tech, that run to 2000, and did not pick it out. It has the train on the cover. That copy may be flying around here somewhere, so I might not be successful in finding it. I have a failry complete run from 94 to 2000, but there are dupes that confuse the issue for me. Tehy are in plastic library boxes on the shelf, so they are easy to go through, but I am unsuccessful at this point. Maybe someone has the article list, and give you a better shot.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
sslry

Post by sslry »

Thanks Dave. I have all the issues of Modeltec so I will look through at the cover photos. ~Jim
Jim Hoback
Sonora Short Line Ry
Sonora, California

The severity of a nose itch is always in direct relationship to the amount of grease on your hands.
ScaleModeler1974

Post by ScaleModeler1974 »

The guy that has that is named Frank Hutchinson........I think.......I do know he lives somewhere in south Florida.......he used to run at the old Ridge Live Steamers track back when it was still in Lakeland FL, and also in Largo.
sslry

Post by sslry »

Thanks for the name. I'm still on the search. I've looked at all the cover photos of Modeltec and no trolley. I'll have to go to the annual indexes in each year. ~Jim
Jim Hoback
Sonora Short Line Ry
Sonora, California

Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

Are you sure it was in ModelTec? I am thinking it might have been in Live Steam, and more like 10-15 years ago.
sslry

Post by sslry »

Could be, I'll check there too. ~Jim
Jim Hoback
Sonora Short Line Ry
Sonora, California

mattmason

Post by mattmason »

It was Live Steam. I just can't remember the dates on my phone.
Matt Mason
sslry

Re: Trolley Article

Post by sslry »

Thanks again to everyone answering. The articles are in March '87, Feb. '92, and Nov./Dec. '94 issues of Live Steam. ~Jim
Jim Hoback
Sonora Short Line Ry
Sonora, California