4QD controller for interurban

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

chooch

Re: 4QD controller for interurban

Post by chooch »

Hi Warren,
I though I explained why you might have trouble with truck or wheels turning opposite. The trucks were wired right but One truck was turned around therefore they both went in a different direction. That's what happened to me--one truck was turned all the way around opposite the other!!
-------------------------If you just switched the leads then I would think a Turned truck was the problem.
On the other hand-thinking a little more--if your truck can not be turned all the way around, then it must have been wired wrong as you found out.

Who is Koster (Bill). Bill Koster I consider pretty much the real leader in the start of battery electric Diesel locomotives in the hobby as he being a Supplier of such and rolling stock back in the 70`s. So, from some of the comments within these posts he might know of, or remembers something about the age, equipment or builder of the Interburban. I know there were others that had Trolleys etc, in years past but don`t remember names or much about them/that just now.
Bill Koster is a well known builder in the hobby of electric Diesel locomotives as I know it.
Hope this helps for this late hour.
But, there are other controllers and motors that work Great, may be more or less cost and have what you want for performance.
And, remote control is the same as the above.
That`s all for now.
chooch

one_inch_railroad wrote:Chooch,

Thanks for responding but who is Koster? Also why would you say one of the trucks may be turned around. Is there something that would lead you to believe that. The first time I hooked it up it did that. It would sort of go a few inches one way and then a few inches the other way. So I switched one set of leads around and its fine.

Warren