AB Brake valve in 1.5 scale?

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

Rwilliams

AB Brake valve in 1.5 scale?

Post by Rwilliams »

All too many times when scale cars are built, the builder does a nice job on the sides, ends and top. When it comes to the underframe details, that area is ignored. Part of this observation may be due to the fact that suppliers have neglected to include these parts in their catalogs due to lack of interest by builders.

With a renewed interest in details including the primary under-body elements such as brake cylinders, brake valves, and air reservoirs, just what is being offered to the builders desiring to include the AB style system on their equipment. The AB system was the industry standard from the 1940's to the 1960's when the ABD style system was adapted as the new standard.

Does anyone know of a supplier offering the AB system parts in 1.5 scale?

Robert
hollahan

Re: AB Brake valve in 1.5 scale?

Post by hollahan »

Precision Steel Car Co. http://www.precisionsteelcar.com/ offers an ABDX control (triple) valve, air reservoir, hand brake chain clevis, brake cylinder, and some other parts. Very nice parts and very nice people. Click on the "detail castings" button.
mattmason

Re: AB Brake valve in 1.5 scale?

Post by mattmason »

I did a review of PSC's triple valve in the Summer 2008 issue. Nice casting and nice detail in it. I was very happy with what I saw.
Matt Mason