Mountain car company

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

Rog0305

Mountain car company

Post by Rog0305 »

Jim Humphrey up to his old tricks. Almost 2 years ago, dash 9 locomotive was ordered. $8000 later, he has not started my loco. Furthermore he has refused to return my phone calls or emails. Anyone else out money because of this guy? Are there any reputable builders in this hobby left?? :shock:
Roger Williams
Steamingdanny

Re: Mountain car company

Post by Steamingdanny »

Well... Sitting and complaining to your computer won't do anything.

Get up, go to Virginia, go get it.

Otherwise, xxxx
Gasp, you mailed a check to someone and they didn't do what you thought?

Please follow this link and pay attention to the contents of the post.
http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/vie ... 33&t=90605
Harold
Last edited by Harold_V on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Vulgar comment removed
Bill Wilkins

Post by Bill Wilkins »

If he has not returned any phone calls or emails, how do you know he has not started your engine ???
There should be a contract for $8000 or the finished product in your garage.
I just bought my Alco S-4 from Bob Snippe. He produced me an engine and I produced him a check.
Good Luck
Bill W.
Plum Cove Chassis, freelance body - 2008 - Present
Wabash 569 - Allen Mogul - April 09-Jan 12
Bob Snippe Alco S-4 - Feb 12 - Apr 15
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Otherwise,xxxx]

That's a pretty rude comment, even for here.
What do you think to gain from such?

What he'll gain is being banned if it is repeated. We don't talk that way on this forum.

Harold
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
slsf1060

Post by slsf1060 »

Mountain Car has a lot of our money and will not call us back or resolve the issue either. We're out most of the price of a Dash-9 and what little was shipped to us as compensation was incomplete and short on delivery. The receptionist that we have managed to talk to has been very nice and apologetic, but that doesn't go far when we're out thousands and the owner won't make good on it.

I'm not writing it off as Jim may eventually make good on it, and I hope he does. But I don't understand why people keep ordering from a business that has a reputation that is getting worse and worse.

As far as "are there reputable dealers out there", that's what forums are for. Good or bad, post away but be honest. Read and be an educated consumer but remember that there are two sides to everything and most businesses won't take a fight to a public forum.

I'll have to agree with Bill on the off-color comment. There's no need for it.

Darren McNeely
bcody

Post by bcody »

I feel sorry for individuals that must resort to profanity to express themselves.

If they had an adequate vocabulary they would know the proper words to use and not have to resort to profanity.

I will admit there are times/places such as when you hit your thumb with a hammer where "oh darn" is not adequate. The previous use was not one of those times.

Bill
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

bcody wrote:I feel sorry for individuals that must resort to profanity to express themselves. If they had an adequate vocabulary they would know the proper words to use and not have to resort to profanity. I will admit there are times/places such as when you hit your thumb with a hammer where "oh darn" is not adequate. The previous use was not one of those times. Bill
Victor Borge did it best...he used Phonetic Punctuation! What a great way to express yourself using the English language...without profanity or off color comments. But you have to hear it to understand it. Have an oxygen bottle ready...you'll laugh so hard it'll bring tears to your eyes! Truly one of the great comedic bits by an otherwise professional pianist. Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!