Galloping Goose-My First project

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

TheBoiler

Re: Galloping Goose-My First project

Post by TheBoiler »

James A

Post by James A »

TheBoiler wrote:http://discoverlivesteam.com/books/Goose.html

It is all here.

Yep.....that's where I found it. Power axel and controler are from Plum Cove Studios. As far as what I might do different, well I'm not too sure just yet.
James A

Post by James A »

Getting close to being done. Finished the stake bed.

PBnJRR

Post by PBnJRR »

Looking good! I just got my set of castings a couple of weeks ago, and learned a bit about welding last weekend. I've been cleaning up the castings an hour or two at a time and am now just about ready to start assembling the hood and cab. Then on to the frame. If I can make mine look half as good, I'll be doing fine. I figure I live in Texas, so I will call mine a lopin lizard. Looks like fun! Can't wait to get mine running!
Christopher Bisset, Brass Hat
PB&JRR
Baird, Texas, USA
James A

Post by James A »

PBnJRR wrote:Looking good! I just got my set of castings a couple of weeks ago, and learned a bit about welding last weekend. I've been cleaning up the castings an hour or two at a time and am now just about ready to start assembling the hood and cab. Then on to the frame. If I can make mine look half as good, I'll be doing fine. I figure I live in Texas, so I will call mine a lopin lizard. Looks like fun! Can't wait to get mine running!

Thanks. This is my first project and it has been fun and a learning experience. I'm sure yours will be every bit as good as mine, just take your time and test fit everything. I built mine from the frame up and am glad I did. I built the cow catcher last weekend and need to make mounting brackets, test fit and paint. Should be installed this coming week.
James A

Post by James A »

Well, minus a few details my Goose is pretty much complete. Now on to the next project :D

FLSTEAM

Post by FLSTEAM »

Now on to the next project
We haven't seen your video of this project in action. You can't move on yet.

John B. :(
James A

Post by James A »

FLSTEAM wrote:
Now on to the next project
We haven't seen your video of this project in action. You can't move on yet.

John B. :(
Here ya go. Video quality didn't turn out the greatest. My grandson is hauling passengers at Skykomish Wa. This was the first official outing.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 475&type=3