New Project GE 23T Boxcab in 1.5" scale.

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

fresnojay

Re: New Project GE 23T Boxcab in 1.5" scale.

Post by fresnojay »

Chooch,
Thanks for the kind words. As its my first build and am a rather picky person about the look and details I didn't want to sound arrogant. I will definitely do a demo once she is all together. Hoping I might be able to this weekend but not sure.

I will have a heck of time getting most of the family off in order for me to get some throttle time. But in the end I get the most important run....the first one :wink: .

Jason
kenrinc

Post by kenrinc »

Looks awesome Jason!

Is Roy selling that controller? I know he makes a bare bones unit but I didn't know he was selling the new one. Might want to get one of those myself. I did see the link but no info on pricing.

Ken-
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Ken, yes Roy is selling that system. Right now its out for beta testing. I have one of the beta units coming. It is now the last piece of electronics I am waiting on. Everything else is outt for delivery today :-) .

Jason
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Work from today was pretty productive. Installed the motor and tested to make sure chains moved freely. All cab screws installed. Doors hung with working door latches installed. Just need to finish up the roof and get the coupler tubes in the chassis.

Jason
Attachments
CAM004221.jpg
CAM004191.jpg
CAM004211.jpg
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Mated the roof with its supports so that monkey is off my back. The cab is now in a runable state but far from done. Still needs hand rails, windows, frames, bell, whistle etc. Those are yet to come.

Jason
Attachments
CAM004261.jpg
chooch

Post by chooch »

For what it`s worth,
Any controller I have used from Roy is OK with me. His side rod chassis I love--DARN-discontinued though!!
And Jason, keep us posted on his New sound system.
OK, and Your great progress also." :lol:
Thanks
fresnojay wrote:Ken, yes Roy is selling that system. Right now its out for beta testing. I have one of the beta units coming. It is now the last piece of electronics I am waiting on. Everything else is outt for delivery today :-) .

Jason
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Well made up a basic hand unit for testing and running thanks to Chris Brew till the real control unit shows up. With its first meet so close I wanted to have something on hand just in case. So the loco got a bench test run to check function and operation. All checks good to go.

Jason
Attachments
CAM004561.jpg
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Well been busy busy busy. I got the cab mounted and the loco buttoned up for its first run this last weekend at the Sacramento Valley Live Steamers spring meet. The locomotive ran flawlessly all weekend. The loco ran for the better part of 12 hours on Saturday. Then for several hours on Sunday before being loaded up and being toted back home. The wife and kids loved running it and finally having our own equipment. Here are a few pics of her out and about at the meet.

Jason
Attachments
My daughter at the controls.
My daughter at the controls.
Mom at the helm.
Mom at the helm.
And of course little man taking a turn.
And of course little man taking a turn.
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Also wanted to post that I received the new controller/sound system from Roy at Ride Trains. Here is a pic of what it came with. Hope to have it in in the next few days for testing before the LALS Spring meet this weekend.

Jason
Attachments
CAM004781.jpg
chooch

Post by chooch »

Jason,
Lookin` Great, Super job. Your and the Family`s smile is outdoing the East Coast, Fla. sunshine state.
Thanks for the photos and keep us posted on the new sound system too. Sounds (no pun)interesting. Have a Fun day.
chooch
sabin

Post by sabin »

Congratulations Jason. She's looking good.

Jim
kenrinc

Post by kenrinc »

Congrats on a successful first run! Looks great Jason. I remember I was working on my build till 3am the morning before I left for Train Mountain :mrgreen:

And yes, everything worked!

Ken-