LED Lights-various products

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

chooch

LED Lights-various products

Post by chooch »

Here is a site with various LED light controllers and Light fixtures that I think can be used on our locomotives and cars.
A controller for $9.95 has a few different modes(head-ditch lights)and LED "Bolts", light fixtures that you just screw into a hole. Let There Be Light!!! ($5.95)
http://www.oznium.com/
ken572

Re: LED Lights-various products

Post by ken572 »

Good Morning :!: chooch :D

Thanks for this GREAT L.E.D. Site. 8)

Ken. :)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

I've been using Oznium for my headlights and markers for awhile. The service is terrific and the products beautifully made. 12 volt extra-bright headlights, withthe resistors wired in and shrink wrapped. This is the best site, huge variety, great prices.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

I am looking to add headlights to my boxcab engine, and want them to project a little from the body. I thought about buying a Maglight flashlight and using the reflector/bezel from that. Has anyone found something on this site similar to what I am describing?
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"
chooch

Post by chooch »

That might be an OK idea but I have tried different lights and PVC pipe till I find or modify either or, to fit each other. (Same with my Halogen lights).
Then I either make a hole in the body for the PVC pipe and pop rivet a couple small angle brkts to hold the headlight in place from the inside.
Another way I`ve done is just a small hole in body for wires and pop rivet the angle pieces INside the pipes and screw the angles to the body from the Inside. with screws and you can change anything if needed.
Benjamin Maggi wrote:I am looking to add headlights to my boxcab engine, and want them to project a little from the body. I thought about buying a Maglight flashlight and using the reflector/bezel from that. Has anyone found something on this site similar to what I am describing?
Just a thought, I have not done this myself yet. The LED BOLTS on the site mentioned, does have a page somewhere that shows the sizes. It might be you could use one of the lights glued to a short pc of tubing and have enough thread left to screw the LED bolt and tubing right to the body directly. Just a thought.
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Chooch,
You are a life saver. I have been struggling to find a proper light for my brass headlight housing's for the Boxcab. They have several options to choose from. Perfect timing my friend.

Jason
chooch

Post by chooch »

Thank you Jason glad I have helped.
While here I`ll add. I have also used a short piece of PVC capped at one end and mounted to a small bracket like a Shelf bracket only a little wider and with sides and small flange you can screw out of site on the body perhaps below (or above)the windows on your loco. Then all you need is a Small hole for wires hardly seen.
A similar light fixture could be made for a Roof mounted headlight.
Any questions, feel free.

fresnojay wrote:Chooch,
You are a life saver. I have been struggling to find a proper light for my brass headlight housing's for the Boxcab. They have several options to choose from. Perfect timing my friend.

Jason