A Lionel question

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

littleevan99

Re: A Lionel question

Post by littleevan99 »

Ok I see what you meant. I hope that the 3 rail market doesn't disappear! That's what got me back into electric trains a few years ago with the new stuff Lionel's putting out.
steamin10 wrote:When I commented, I was talking about Lionel three rail, and the standard gauge early stuff. I have many tinplate and other series Lionel from my teen years and forward. I see the HO and N scales as having a much more healthy market, and I have some of those in boxes too. Saving them for.....? At any rate, I was referring to the O and O27 scales.
1.5" scale CliShay
1.5" scale 2-10-2T
2.5" 36 Ton Shay under construction
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/littleevan99
WJH

Post by WJH »

post war lionel 027 is alive and well at my house
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

I think that the garden scales are still doing well, 45mm, gauge 1, G scal or whatever they want to call it. There are a lot of products being offered, and a lot of stuff going on. At least, my impression is that the outdoor segment of the hobby is growing.

The 2 1/2" scale gauge 3 stuff is all but extinct. There's me and probably a couple of dozen more people in North America who still dabble in it. That's why I like it, though, because it is so rare these days.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I have bunches of G Gauge stuff by Lehman and others more affordable, but the truth is they will run near the ceiling in my 'wrecked room' above the Bar and over the pool table. Not happening anytime soon, as other things command my time.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
chooch

Post by chooch »

Steamin 10.
Big Dave,
Throw your darn watch away and you won`t have to worry about no time. :wink:
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Like most people, I have a cell phone that is watch, communicator, cowbell, and connection to the Starship. I dont wear the Rolex Oyster anymore. My Dive watch is put away someplace among my gear. Ok, so its a Timex, I still dont wear a band watch anymore.

Since I retired, I have gotten to wonder how I had time to work, my days are filled.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.