Sacramento Valley Live Steamers - Hot August Nights

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

Donhost4449

Sacramento Valley Live Steamers - Hot August Nights

Post by Donhost4449 »

SVLS had their member run & potluck last month. Don Youngling's GS-1 was out, as well as a project his father has been working on. It was a fun evening, and I put this video together. The sound track is a blast from the past, one my mother suggested. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jJ1DdRRiTk

Chris Donhost
Building a Fitchburg Northern (build log): www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=107249

My YouTube Videos: www.youtube.com/user/donhost4449/videos
GS14403

Re: Sacramento Valley Live Steamers - Hot August Nights

Post by GS14403 »

Fun Video Chris. Looks like the track level camera will be a good tool to inspect the track for bad spots. The wide angle lens made the low spots pop right out at you.

May have the GS out tomorrow if all goes well. The tender needs re-assembled and a few details finished up. In my thread a request for a video has been made but lacking a suitable camera I will need to depend on someone else to shoot the video.

See you at the track.

Donald
Donhost4449

Post by Donhost4449 »

Not only will I have my camera, but my buddy is bringing his Quadcopter with a gimble-mounted camera. The quality of video absolutely amazing - I can't wait. He will give me the video files, and I will edit them together with my video. I will need another song, so if anyone has some suggestions, they are welcome!

Chris
Building a Fitchburg Northern (build log): www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=107249

Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Donhost4449 wrote: I will need another song, so if anyone has some suggestions, they are welcome!
I'm partial to Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, J.S. Bach, performed by the Jacques Loussier Trio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xng_QbhHGY

8)

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
ALCOSTEAM

Post by ALCOSTEAM »

I would assume that your camera's do not have sound recording ability ? I would rather have real time sound or even some narration relative to the video than to listen to music. I have hit the mute button on countless youtube video's due to irritating music or unrelated sound tracks and from reading the comments on many video's you would think the practice of substituting unrelated sound would end.
Donhost4449

Post by Donhost4449 »

Harold_V wrote: I'm partial to Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, J.S. Bach, performed by the Jacques Loussier Trio.
I will keep that one in mind, if I ever get to shoot LALS's Halloween Trains! Keep those suggestions coming...

Chris

Donhost4449

Post by Donhost4449 »

ALCOSTEAM wrote:I would assume that your camera's do not have sound recording ability ? I would rather have real time sound or even some narration relative to the video than to listen to music. I have hit the mute button on countless youtube video's due to irritating music or unrelated sound tracks and from reading the comments on many video's you would think the practice of substituting unrelated sound would end.
For the DJI Quadcopter, any sound is typically the rotor wash, so music/voice over is preferred. My other camera does record sound, as does my iPhone. Some of my videos have music, some have voiceover, and some use the audio recorded with the video. The objective of the project dictates which I use, and most have a combination.

Bottom line, I take the hours upon hours to edit my videos for personal enjoyment. I also find enjoyment when others enjoy my videos, but that isn't my primary objective.

My personal YouTube channel has a combination of full-size and live steam videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/donhost4449/videos

I also have created all the videos on the Train Mountain YouTube channel (so far): https://www.youtube.com/user/TrainMountainRR/videos

Enjoy!
Chris