Small Run - Simple Threading Job

This forum is for those individuals or small business to solicit requests for Service from those members of our group. Machining, Foundry work, Sheet Metal work etc. This site makes no guarranty of work or represenation by the users of this site. It merely attempts to provide a place to allow individuals the opportunity to meet and discuss needs and capabilities.

Moderator: Harold_V

hicklerbanjo

Small Run - Simple Threading Job

Post by hicklerbanjo »

Hi Folks,
I make banjos and I have developed a "coordinator rod" system that requires a 5/16 X 18 thread on a 5/16" brass rod. The rod should 12" long and the threaded portion is on the end, one inch long. There are other tasks, but I can do them myself. I have been using a die, but my threads are not always cut parallel to the rod. I think they would be better done on a lathe.
COROD.jpg
COROD.jpg (31.18 KiB) Viewed 6740 times
I am inviting you to quote on small runs 10 pieces would be ideal. I can go to 25 pieces if I must. If you need the material I can ship it to you.

I have enclosed a drawing and if you want to see how the item is used, go here. http://www.hicklerbanjo.com/faq.html#131886

Thank you!

Mark Hickler
Hickler Banjo LLC
hicklerbanjo@gmail.com
480-276-8294
JackF

Re: Small Run - Simple Threading Job

Post by JackF »

Mark,

You have a PM.

Jack.
hicklerbanjo

Post by hicklerbanjo »

Jack,
I tried the technique you described and got excellent results. Thanks very much!
- Mark
JackF

Post by JackF »

HI MARK,

Glad I could help. :D :D Wait a minute, looks like I just screwed myself out of a job. :wink:

Jack.