LOOKING FOR MACHINE WORK

This forum is for those individuals or small business to solicit requests for Service from those members of our group. Machining, Foundry work, Sheet Metal work etc. This site makes no guarranty of work or represenation by the users of this site. It merely attempts to provide a place to allow individuals the opportunity to meet and discuss needs and capabilities.

Moderator: Harold_V

Mid Day Machining

LOOKING FOR MACHINE WORK

Post by Mid Day Machining »

My name is Steve Seebold.

My shop is located in my garage in sunny (hotter than hell this week) Southern California, but UPS and USPS goes where you are every day.

I have 2 N/C (not CNC) mills and I'm looking for some small parts to make in them.

When I say small, I mean really small. They have 6.2 inches of "X" travel, 5 inches of "Y" and 4 inches in "Z".

The machines have 10,000 RPM spindles so small cutters are no problem. For the right parts, there is a 20,000 RPM upgrade.

I am semi-retired so hours are not a problem.

When it's too hot to work in the day time, I work at night. I try to be finished by 10:00 PM, but I have been known to work in to the wee hours of the morning. No "all nighters" though.

Making parts in my garage is a lot more fun and makes a lot more sense than sitting on my butt at night watching TV.

Give me a chance, see what I can do.
You can buy good parts, or you can buy cheap parts, but you can't buy good cheap parts.
braddcadd

Re: LOOKING FOR MACHINE WORK

Post by braddcadd »

Hey Steve. I was glad to read your post. I am looking for someone to make 3 to 4 parts per month.

I am a mechanical engineer with an interest in machining (although my day job is with chemical piping). I have actually started a website to collect drawings, provide quotes, and ship parts. However, after 3 years I recently lost my supplier. He did not have enough volume to keep the place afloat.

Can I send you 5 or 6 drawings for your quote?

Let me know if still interested,
Atlanta, GA
http://www.onlinemachinist.com
Last edited by braddcadd on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willing to build your part. Always looking for good machinists to work from home.
http://www.onlinemachinist.com
Mid Day Machining

Re: LOOKING FOR MACHINE WORK

Post by Mid Day Machining »

I'm interested. I am close to buying a larger machine. The 2 I have now are good, but are very small. My terms are simple. 1/3 down, 1/3 when I ship, and the balance is due after you accept the parts.

I work in my garage, so I don't have to worry about paying the rent.

You can e-mail drawings or models to steveseebold@cox.net.

I can work with stp, x_t, igs, sat, or catia, but please no dxf.
You can buy good parts, or you can buy cheap parts, but you can't buy good cheap parts.