Lathe & mill services needed - Marietta, GA

This forum is for those individuals or small business to solicit requests for Service from those members of our group. Machining, Foundry work, Sheet Metal work etc. This site makes no guarranty of work or represenation by the users of this site. It merely attempts to provide a place to allow individuals the opportunity to meet and discuss needs and capabilities.

Moderator: Harold_V

Brad-Man

Lathe & mill services needed - Marietta, GA

Post by Brad-Man »

I have been bending and shaping sheet metal and fabricating minor brackets for car and motorcycle projects, and now am contemplating getting a Lathe & Mill to step up my capabilities.

I do however need to have a 16mm partially threaded bolt turned down to 14mm x 1.25 (spark plug threads) for ~1.5 inches, and a plate made for locating/guiding the drilling/milling of dowels for locating cylinder heads on cylinders precisely.

I figured that I could watch the setting up processes and learn and see if it is something I really want to do while asking questions.

As I said, I'm in Marietta, but would travel a reasonable distance for the opportunity to pay to learn something and get something done that I need rather than just paying a machine shop to do it and learn nothing.

Any takers?
rudd

Re: Lathe & mill services needed - Marietta, GA

Post by rudd »

Hello Brad,

I'm in Savannah, maybe too far, your call.

I can't cut metric threads on the lathe, would a die be OK?

Click on my name and drop me a PM if you like.

thanks
Ianagos

Re: Lathe & mill services needed - Marietta, GA

Post by Ianagos »

I'm in austell and my shop is in snellville and I can do limited metric threading although dies are easier. Let me know if your still interested.