Aluminum Milling Services Requested for On-going Production

This forum is for those individuals or small business to solicit requests for Service from those members of our group. Machining, Foundry work, Sheet Metal work etc. This site makes no guarranty of work or represenation by the users of this site. It merely attempts to provide a place to allow individuals the opportunity to meet and discuss needs and capabilities.

Moderator: Harold_V

toddalin

Aluminum Milling Services Requested for On-going Production

Post by toddalin »

Hello to all,

I'm looking for someone who can provide me with milled aluminum pieces on an on-going basis. My prior supplier has moved on to another state.

We make the Header Power Bracket. I'm looking for someone who can make and furnish the aluminum spacers. They are ~5.5" x 1.125" x 1" on the flat side, with two slotted areas and a 1/4-20 screw.

There are three versions (smooth, ball-milled, and ribbed) and I have the tool to cut the four rib pockets simultaneously for the ribbed units. The finish is "scotch-brited" to remove machining marks. The products may be viewed at our web site included at the link.

At this time we are only looking for someone who can supply the aluminum spacers and not the steel brackets.

We had been ordering in lots of 50 units @ $11 for the smooth pieces and $13 for either the ball-milled or ribbed and would like to hold the line because while we do Internet sales, we also have a major distributor who doesn't pay that price. If you can do this work and match the costs, we are in Orange County California and would prefer a local supplier, but will go elsewhere if it becomes necessary.

Again, the pieces may be viewed at the website in the link.

Thanks,

Header Power Bracket

Todd Brody,
Owner

http://headerbracket.com/index.html
GlennW

Re: Aluminum Milling Services Requested for On-going Product

Post by GlennW »

Uh oh...this must mean that the Shopmaster isn't cutting it. :|
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
toddalin

Post by toddalin »

Glenn Wegman wrote:Uh oh...this must mean that the Shopmaster isn't cutting it. :|
The job is too involved in that I would have to be manually changing out tools. Also, the advance speed would be down such that it would not be economical. Also, I have no way to cut the billet aluminum bar stock clean. Further, I could see that one batch of 50 could do in the ShopMaster and I can't trust production to a finicky Chinese toy. The ShopMasters do not like to run continuously.

My machinist did these on a Fadal 4020.
Mid Day Machining

Post by Mid Day Machining »

Good morning Todd,

I just saw your post. My name is Steve Seebold. I am in San Clemente, CA and I have a CNC milling machine in my garage. My rate are reasonable and my quality is excellent.

I call myself Mid Day Machining because I seldom start before 11:00 AM. I still get in an 8 to 10 hour day. I'll just work into the evening.

My main product line is running gear for gas powered remote control race boats, but I'll work on anything as long as there's no steel involved. I just don't like the small slivery chips you get from steel.

You can reach me at 714-420-2453 or middaymachining@cox.net
You can buy good parts, or you can buy cheap parts, but you can't buy good cheap parts.
toddalin

Post by toddalin »

Thanks for responding and it was nice talking with you this morning. The order has been filled, but maybe the next run.

Thanks again