Schematic Symbol questions

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Patio

Re: Schematic Symbol questions

Post by Patio »

Thank you all for the many replies. The sensor seems to be in good working order, so I no longer need to know just exactly what it is.
I do believe it is a Schmitt trigger, type of proximity sensor, as someone had suggested. I do not see the post now.
I am going to start another post called "Overbeck cylindrical grinder" and will post a video of the grinder, in running condition.
Thanks again for all the relies.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

Be careful, that symbol is usually used for analog sensors, not digital sensors. As in measuring distance. If in question, isolate the sensor and test it.

Control Systems is my specialty, so if you have any questions, email me directly and I will answer them. Harold has my email.

Jim B
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

The machine has since been placed in service, as misplaced wires were finally tracked down and connected properly. The machine had been altered by the previous owner, either because of a switch failure, or because it was used for a specific purpose. In any case, Patio and I are proud to proclaim the project end, as it now operates as it should.

Thanks for the offer, Jim. We'll keep that in mind in the future.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Another job Well Done.
~RN
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Now I have to go look at eng-tips.com.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.