Metal slivers in your fingers

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

magic9r

Re: Metal slivers in your fingers

Post by magic9r »

I use a straight razor or ceramic knife, "shave" the skin in the opposite direction to that in which the splinter is most sensitive when stroked, the sharp edge catches the material and pulls it out cleanly,

- Nick
seal killer

Post by seal killer »

Mauro--

I use a microscope and whatever is small or large enough to grab them or dig them out.

--Bill
You are what you write.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Walgreen's used to sell a thing in a tube, a 'splinter picker'. just a folded tweaser of small size with SHARP points that will pierce skin. Always in my drawer of 'stuff', like scotch 33 for small cuts, had it for many years now. I have one of those 6 inch magnifier glasses too.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
Hellchild

Post by Hellchild »

I've heard of people using Elmer's glue. Let it dry then peel it off.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I've heard that too. Never tried it, but I'll try to remember it, next time I pick up a splinter.
Pete in NJ