OT Vermont Precision Museum

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

duckman903

OT Vermont Precision Museum

Post by duckman903 »

Wahoo :mrgreen: I get to go to the museum on Sat. May 9 and get to fix, oil, and make new drive belts for the Aschauer models, these are the miniature machines in 1" to 1' scale, this man was amazing after he retired he spent the rest of his retirement building these models. This the second time I get to work on these, (these machines actually operate just like the original ones) the lathes have 4 jaw chucks and back gears that work. Will try to get some movies of the machines, then try to post them.
Russ Hanscom

Re: OT Vermont Precision Museum

Post by Russ Hanscom »

It is a great place, well worth the trip, I was there many years ago. I think they have a Bridgeport mill about sn/ #1
TomB

Post by TomB »

They have the spring model show and museum event and I've enjoyed it one time in the past, but since then never knew which weekend it was. Is May 9th the weekend for this year?
duckman903

Post by duckman903 »

No May 9th is a work weekend I think they are going to open the fourth or fifth weekend.