Harbor Freight 500lb Hydraulic lift cart

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Silverbullet

Re: Harbor Freight 500lb Hydraulic lift cart

Post by Silverbullet »

Sorry yours didn't work I have one and have used it for years, actually bought it to help me get up from falling which I did often , legs just let go and down I went this little table let my wife help me back on my feet . Now it gets used for other items air conditioner install and take out, . Right now it's in the shop holding a power hacksaw to be worked on . I like mine , but I did have a truck crane from there and the jack was crap , so I turned it into a swivel crane over my workbench with an electric hoist mounted on its hook . I now use the crane for standing rider mowers and tractors on end to work on them . Sure makes my repair work easier.
WJH

Post by WJH »

It's too bad it didn't work, because the idea of it was really convenient. I don't think I am going to shop at HF anymore. Not going to support the lowest bidder anymore. If I need something, I'll either make it myself or order it from McMaster.
spro

Post by spro »

I think these faulty cylinders could be traced back to a certain plant and time. It may be the valve section/base which is defective and machined at a different factory. We don't know the working conditions of that place.
Not to put the cart before the hoists but they must replace these cylinders, send the whole thing back or scrap the good parts/ frames. There must or should be a supply of known good hydraulic cylinders.
Why can't you/ I bring a receipt and the defective cylinder into the store and get a replacement ? The files would show it was the same unit for that product and the customer would be happier.
But I've answered my own question. It would never be enough. It could be installed wrong, injury during replacement or some way for HF to take it in the shorts while paying lawyers. So, they offer replacement and that is the way it goes.