Mitutoyo d r o

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Randall Va

Mitutoyo d r o

Post by Randall Va »

I bought this used mill a while back and it has dro ,don't have any paperwork on dro,it works and I use it to zero and then move ever how many thousandth,today I was wondering what all it would help me do if I knew how to use the other features?
Attachments
charlies land 015.JPG
charlies land 017.JPG
www.chaski.com
John Evans

Re: Mitutoyo d r o

Post by John Evans »

Have you tried googleing Mitutoyo Pl321L ?? Or contact Mitutoyo?Should be able to come up with a operators manual without much fuss.
www.chaski.com
pete

Re: Mitutoyo d r o

Post by pete »

I don't know enough about Mitutoyo DRO's to give you an approximate age of that head unit. But there's at least a calculator function, likely a bolt circle function, and I'd think at least a zero set and approach to zero warning. Plus the option of either counting up or down. But somebody here will know what else it should have. Mitutoyo seem to look after there customers, so if you can't find an online manual, I'd bet they will have one. You might want to pull the swarf guards off of the spars and gently clean the glass since any contamination can give you a bad dimension or other problems. At least I think that one is too early to use the magnetic scales and reader heads. If you do have those then there's no need to clean at all.

Pete