How to Store Superglue?

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

GlennW

Re: How to Store Superglue?

Post by GlennW »

I'm still using a tube of Loctite that has been in the refrigerator for over a year now.

And I always know right where it is.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
Andy Rafferty

Post by Andy Rafferty »

Well Before this discussion gets any farther a slightly off topic addition: I have had to use super glue in the past to glue/repair deep cuts in my hands. Super glue burns worse than that red stuff our parents held us down as a tag team to treat wounds we got as a kid. Crazy Glue is what you want to use. It doesn't burn at all. The crazy glue bonds the skin and keeps it clean for quick healing and you don't have to take stitches out or keep it dressed. This is probably old news to ya'll so forgive if someone already covered this
Rich_Carlstedt

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

I keep super glues for well over one year, in an old Glass mayonnaise jar (not plastic !) and keep the cover tight.
I usually have three grades, thin, medium, and crack filling.
Just in case the glues are hard when a critcal task is at hand, I also
have a few very small tubes (metal tube toothpaste style ) of superglue about 1 1/4 " long that keep for years.
Once opened its all or nothing..

I also keep quick cure spray for superglue in a sealed glass bottle so the fumes do not kick over my glue storage .

Rich

Evan, if you read this, what is the quick cure stuff made from ?
hanermo

Post by hanermo »

Very Cool Story.
I feel for you.

A popular trick, kids, in finland is put your tongue on the -20C railing.
Dont Try This.

Another, quote, is:
There are 2 kinds of people.
Some will learn from watching others urinate on the electric fence.
Some, well..

steamin10 wrote:Just a tip: Dont use your teeth to force the cap off the tube. Ask me how interesting THAT gets.

I have NO luck storing super glue.