Mitutoyo 6" digital caliper

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Mr Ron

Re: Mitutoyo 6" digital caliper

Post by Mr Ron »

Fortunately my Mitutoyo digital caliper arrived when it did. My HF caliper finally bit the dust and is no longer usable. It won't zero and random numbers keep appearing when the jaws are closed. it won't even shut off. HF calipers are now on my no-buy list.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
pete

Post by pete »

Maybe it got jealous? :-)
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Mr Ron wrote:Fortunately my Mitutoyo digital caliper arrived when it did. My HF caliper finally bit the dust and is no longer usable. It won't zero and random numbers keep appearing when the jaws are closed. it won't even shut off. HF calipers are now on my no-buy list.
That's what I was seeing in mine shortly after I bought it.

Figured I could bring it back, but with the coupon it was so cheap that it's worth taking apart to see how it works.

I was going to use it as a quill scale, but then I picked up a pair of Mitutoyo 4" scales on ebay for cheap. They work perfect and zero at the end of travel every time.

Steve