Chaski News and Support Request

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Chaski News and Support Request

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

All please take a moment to review the Chaski News and support request at the very top of the forums for a message from our site owner.
He has supported the site and done his best to maintain it for many years on his own nickle with few advertisements to try and generate a little revenue to help. The minimal advertising is not generating much if any revenue. Several requests have been made by YOU the users to make the site provide a better experience. So, Mike is asking for some help to accomplish that soon by the way of donations and possibly a different advertising revenue source. If you enjoy the site and can spare a few dollars, I'm sure it will be appreciated. More soon....

I want to thank Mike for his support to the hobbyist metalworking community all these years by keeping this site going and to the moderators for their voluntary help, and most importantly to you the users, for it is the great exchange of information which we all benefit as a way to learn and share thoughts and ideas about this hobby.

Kindest regards,
Marty Escarcega
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
GlennW

Re: Chaski News and Support Request

Post by GlennW »

I'd like to thank Mike, Marty, and Harold for all of their efforts to keep this site up and running.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
Magicniner

Post by Magicniner »

GlennW wrote:I'd like to thank Mike, Marty, and Harold for all of their efforts to keep this site up and running.
+1
I have a PayPal account with a few bucks in float so I've thrown that in the hat.
How much is required on a yearly basis to keep the wolf from the door?

- Nick
John Evans

Post by John Evans »

I'm in also.
www.chaski.com
Pipescs

Post by Pipescs »

Retiring soon but believe there will be a few loose coins floating around. Does Chaski have a PayPal account to which members could donate on a monthly recurring basis?
Charlie Pipes
Mid-South Live Steamers

Current Projects:

Scratch Built 3 3/4 scale 0-4-4 Forney
Little Engines American
20 Ton Shay (Castings and Plans Purchased for future)
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

I do not do pay pal but if you provide an address the check will be in the mail.

Chris Smith
dorin

Post by dorin »

Right at this moment, I would truly appreciate a bit of help to keep the website going.
We are not at risk of imminent shutdown, but it would sure be a help if anybody is interested.

Money can be mailed to my consulting business at:

EDI Enterprises, Inc.
PO Box 1059
CHANHASSEN, MN 55317

Or paypal to: contributions@chaski.org

Either one would be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your consideration.
www.chaski.com
tornitore45

Post by tornitore45 »

DONE
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX
BClemens

Post by BClemens »

Most happy to help a great site and great conversations about what runs in my veins - steam locomotives! (very tiny little ones!)
dorin

Post by dorin »

Once again, the help is really appreciated!
-Mike
www.chaski.com