Tilt Table

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

JackF

Tilt Table

Post by JackF »

Anybody know who made this tilt table?
Picked this up a a local auction house. I was previewing items for a upcoming auction and in the middle of the floor were two pallets with some "junk" on them they were throwing out. The guy in charge told me if I wanted anything on the pallets to take it. I spotted this tilt table and verified it was free to take. He even carried it out to the car for me. :D There is no badge on it, only M-1097 cast into the body. The top and bottom plates look to be added onto the body. The top plate measures 8"X10" and the entire thing is 12" high. It has a scale on one side of the casting and it tilts 90º either direction. It tilts by loosening 4 nuts and moving manually to the desired angle. I already have a smaller tilt table but couldn't pass this up. :roll: :wink: :lol:

Jack.
spro

Re: Tilt Table

Post by spro »

Our friends here will ask "Where's the picture ?" and rightfully so. It does help with identification.
10KPete

Post by 10KPete »

Yep, spro said it: Where's the pictures????

Pete
Just tryin'
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Someone in China?
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
JackF

Post by JackF »

OOOOPS. Here they are. :oops: Old age setting in.

Will have to try another method. I keep getting this message when I try to upload, "The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector." Anyone know what this means?

Jack.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

How are the pictures saved? Not all types of files are permitted on the board, for security reasons.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
JackF

Post by JackF »

My camera saves them as .jpg. I will see if I can change that on my camera but I believe I have uploaded .jpg images before. Also the files are only 160k so that should not be the problem. I suspect that the problem lies in the fact that my computer no longer will recognize my camera card so I downloaded the pics to my wifes' computer then Emailed them to mine. I will next download the pics to a CD to transfer them to my computer. In any case pics will be coming. :roll: :wink: :lol:

Jack.
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

No idea why it would reject jpg images, it shouldn't as long as they conform to the resolution limits.

I would suggest to upload them to a free file share (Google provides one example). Once you get it uploaded to the share of your choice, it should provide some means of sharing a link. Whether URL or embedded image thumbnail, that allows folks to get higher resolution images and avoids lots of potential problems (particularly when wanting/needing high res images). Then you can also share them on other forums, email, whatever. There is really no reason that transferring on CD should be required, but a simpler/faster choice along those lines would be something like a USB flash drive (if you have access to one).
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
JackF

Post by JackF »

Lets try this.
SSC_0835.JPG
SSC_0835.JPG (72.73 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
Finally. :o :wink: Can maybe get bigger pics if need,wanted. :lol:
Attachments
SSC_0834.JPG
SSC_0834.JPG (72.77 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

That appears to just be a thumbnail, and doesn't show much detail at all, though enough to get the general gist. Unless things have changed, this site should support up to 800x600 images as attachments, and you can provide full high res images on the hosting sites I mentioned. The hosting sites usually provide some auto-scale functions as well to help support lower res users without blowing out/off the screen. It's a really good solution wherever you post, and not that hard to figure out. And you only have to figure it out once, not on every site, some of which don't support attachments at all.
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
JackF

Post by JackF »

Thanks russ. Call me a worry wart but I just don't trust these hosting sites. Maybe it's just the owners of the sites I don't trust. :wink: I used to have Photo Shop, actually still do but it won't work on Mac OSX. I could do most everything with that including changing the format. I can still run it on my old computer but the monitor quit working. :x

Jack.
spro

Post by spro »

It does look like a main casting of a dividing head welded to larger foot and table plates. It should be quite accurate by the degree settings when the surfaces are trued. The casting looks like L-W Chuck Co. Plenty mounting holes on that thing.