Palmgren 8" Rotary Table repair

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

whateg0

Re: Palmgren 8" Rotary Table repair

Post by whateg0 »

BTW, here are a few pics of the table being worked on tonight. (We all like pictures!)

First indicating to find the center of the table. Notice I had one clamp removed from the table while this was being done, but the remaining clamp was tight. After I found the center, I clamped the other side down, then reverified that two adjacent quadrants had not moved. In theory, if these two are unchanged, so are the opposite sides.
indicating perimeter.jpg
Here I bored the center hole to 1.0505" to accept a center stud and to give me something to indicate the rotary table in with later when in use. 1.050" was an arbitrary, round, sort of nice number. Much better than the 1.017" I started with.
boring center.jpg
I am still a tad over 0.100" from my target here. The plan is for the sleeve to be about 0.100" thick, so I need this turned down to about 1.550".
turning center.jpg