Alina K26 crystal replacement

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

whateg0

Alina K26 crystal replacement

Post by whateg0 »

I bought a new/old indicator last week. The seller included a wrong crystal with it, but I believe this to be due to their unfamiliarity with the tool. I don't believe it was an intended thing, and they have taken steps to make it right with me, so no complaints there. Before I break something, though, I want to confirm that I know how the bezel comes off. From my inspection, it appears that there are two holes in the back of the dial for a spanner, then the bezel appears as though it would unthread from the dial. Is that right?

The holes to which I refer are located at 12 and 6 o'clock in this picture.
spanner holes.jpg
Thanks!
Jaxian

Re: Alina K26 crystal replacement

Post by Jaxian »

Send these guys a e-mail or search their website for the information buried there. Tons of great information and guaranteed they have worked on them before. They are real expensive if you need to buy parts or have service done but at least have a great reputation.

http://www.longislandindicator.com/
pete

Re: Alina K26 crystal replacement

Post by pete »

+ 1 for long island and all that really good metrology information on there website.