World Metrology Day

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

shootnride

Re: World Metrology Day

Post by shootnride »

SteveHGraham wrote:Notice they made the inch SHORTER. The government always has to cheat you out of something.
Be patient. Eventually they'll figure out a way to sell it back to us.

Ted
Some people raise the IQ of the room when they enter.........others when they leave.
Steggy

Re: World Metrology Day

Post by Steggy »

Dunno, but here I've been struggling with the horrible imperial system of measurement since childhood (back when Dwight Eisenhower was president) but somehow have managed to build an air sled that could do over 100 MPH...er...160 KM/H, powered by an opposed Briggs twin (also made to that horrible imperial system), as well as a locomotive, several race cars, and various other machines, including a residential wheelchair lift for a friend's father. When I was in the eighth grade, I built a "motorcycle" (Schwinn middleweight bike with gas engine) that topped 70 MPH, it too following imperial measurements. Somehow I managed to get all those inches, feet, yards and such right, and didn't kill or maim myself in the process. :D I just can't envision what will happen when I starting monkeying around with meters, liters, peters and whatever else is part and parcel of the SI. :shock: :?: :roll:
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D