lunson milling machine

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

willbet

lunson milling machine

Post by willbet »

Can anybody help me id the taper on a lunson mill the model # is lk 30 serial #753425 it was made by lunson international milling and drilling machine co. the collet holder has r8 y with a 3/8 16 drawbar but a r8 will not fit much too big and these have a taper unlike the regular r8 thank you very much.
John Evans

Re: lunson milling machine

Post by John Evans »

Pictures pictures pictures ! A picture of the machine and also one of the collet you have. I would suspect Morse #2 or 3 or Brown& Sharpe #9 . Sounds like a Asian import . And your location would be handy city-state etc.
www.chaski.com
SteveM

Re: lunson milling machine

Post by SteveM »

Considering a google search shows up nothing except your own posts, I suspect that Lunson is not a manufacturer, but a labeler, and from the look of it they didn't label too many machines.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so post a few thousand words.

Also, use a caliper and measure the opening in the end of the spindle - that might help us narrow it down.

If it is recent vintage, my guess would be Morse taper; older and it could be Brown & Sharpe.

Steve