Titans of CNC

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

SteveHGraham

Titans of CNC

Post by SteveHGraham »

Wondering if anyone here has seen the cable show "Titans of CNC." A violent criminal left prison and started a CNC business, and then he went back to teach CNC to other inmates.

I can't think of any other TV shows that feature machining.

https://titansofcnc.com/
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
Jim_Nolan

Re: Titans of CNC

Post by Jim_Nolan »

Never seen it in the UK but keep seeing eps on YouTube every time I search a Fusion 360 question. Not aware of his backstory just seems like another guy who watched far too many episodes of American chopper and thought that look will make me a mint.

You must admire cable TV who can make a drama out of thin air and even thinner material. Or I could be just getting old and cynical.

His online CNC academy to be fair is a very handy resource for learning CAM though, so I wish him well and pushing youngsters into manufacturing can never be anything but a good thing.
www.northernsteam.com
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

He looks a little rough, but he has an established CNC company with some impressive machinery.

My guess is that he came by his look honestly, as an ex-con and former street thug.

Here in America, the "crazy haircut and tattoos" look did not come from American Chopper. It started in prisons. People like the Teutuls are posers who copied the look. It's very sad, but in America, we now do our best to look like the biggest losers in society.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
spro

Post by spro »

Worked fine with rodman in noko.
ctwo

Post by ctwo »

I watched some of his youtube a while back. Did not know the history...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fuYj4trEGg
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...
spro

Post by spro »

Okay. I watched and am impressed. I will not surrender. There is always something which renders the newest obsolete. I don't want that to happen. This is great stuff but what happened to casting ? Far less material waste than carving out of solid.
Right. Set and programed to known parameters. The unknown, the essential, program that or not. Some machine shop down the street can do that. Well it isn't down the street anymore.