Sliding Fit

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

spro

Re: Sliding Fit

Post by spro »

I'll tell you something which blew me out of my malaise. Hudson freaking Hornet sitting at the muffler shop. Totally restored. Best I've seen and a low rider. Super heavy car from 1950 ish low and cool. Straight Eight possibly ( we didn't pop the hood) Might have had some V-8 in there. Rolling living room, wide whites, original sofa interior. Howzat for a thread interruption ?
Downwindtracker2

Post by Downwindtracker2 »

Thread Drift Warning. Others with more knowledge can certainly chip in. As teenager I read car mags, Motor Trend, and Car and Driver (formerly Sports Car Illustrated ). Motor Trend in those days did articles on older cars, the Hudson Hornet was one. They had a big straight 8, They were a performance car of the early "50s. Stock cars, did well in a drag racing class.

In plastic tubing, push on air fitting are interchangeable between 5/16" and 8mm, they are that close.
A man of foolish pursuits, '91 BusyBee DF1224g lathe,'01 Advance RF-45 mill/drill,'68 Delta Toolmaker surface grinder,Miller250 mig,'83 8" Baldor grinder, plus sawdustmakers
wlw-19958

Post by wlw-19958 »

Hi There,
Downwindtracker2 wrote:In plastic tubing, push on air fitting are interchangeable between 5/16" and 8mm, they are that close.
Well, 5/16" = .3125" and 8mm is .31496..." so, they
are less than .0025" apart.

Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb