need help with Sajo mill

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

rusty69

need help with Sajo mill

Post by rusty69 »

new member. I bought a broken 1966 Sajo UF 54 Duo Mill with VFR 52M overarm and vertical head. Some bone head somehow broke off the RT end of the table crossfeed screw outboard of the end bearing, and lost the dial, dial lock, handwheel, and whatever small parts that go along with that. Does anybody have a similar machine that they could take photos of the parts needed, and perhaps take critical measurements needed to reproduce the end of the screw/shaft. I only have copies of copies of cross sectional drawings, which kinda show items and order of assembly, but it's impossible for me to feature what most of the item's really look like. I have posted on other forums but gotten zero response. ANY help would be most appreciated. If anyone knows of a Sajo horizontal milling machine with donor parts, please let me know.
SteveM

Re: need help with Sajo mill

Post by SteveM »

First, welcome to the forum.

Second, put your location in your profile so that it shows up on your posts. There could be someone on the board near you that can help.

Third, Google images is your friend:
Here's a search for pictures of Sajo horizontal mill pictures. Not sure if any of them match yours, but there's plenty to look at.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sajo+ho ... 66&bih=634

About 20 years ago, I helped a widow sell off her late husband's machine shop, and the one piece I remember was that massive Sajo mill. Had to have a rigger move it with a crane that was big enough to reach the barn from the street.

Steve
Ampersand

Post by Ampersand »

Hi, I also have a Sajo uf 54 dm with the overhead arm. I'm looking for information/parts list for the vertical head. Where did you find your manuals? Any help would be appreciated. thanks
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Ampersand,
Welcome to the board.
As the OP has not made a showing on the board in more than a year, I suspect you won't hear from him.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.